4.1 Setting up your EC2 instance.
For the next section we are going to need:
- Windows Server 2019 EC2 Instance with RDP access.
- An IDE or text-editor such as Notepad++, SublimeText or VSCode (you choose).
- Administrator access.
- AWS CLI.
If you are in an AWS hosted workshop, an EC2 instance will already be provisioned for you. You just have to reset the password!
Optional: Change the Administrator password via EC2 Session Manager.
- Navigate to the EC2 console
- Right Click the ec2 instance, click connect.
- Select ‘Session Manager’
- Click Connect.
- Run the following command (you can use your own password):
net user administrator 'P@ssw0rd!'
- Done, you should now be able to RDP to the instance.